A maintenance manager oversees the maintenance of buildings, mechanical systems within the building and the overall condition of the property. They control the installation, repair, and upkeep of all things related to the business. Keep track of employee's hours and submit a daily exception log of total employees hours by area. Direct oversight of the Maintenance, Fabrication, and Water Water staff with input on hiring, training, scheduling, etc. Maintains a professional environment that fosters team spirit while achieving customer demands. Ensures employees are trained to the level necessary to perform the essential functions of their jobs in a timely manner. Assumes new team riles, shares relevant information, and conducts team meetings on a regular basis. Prioritizes and controls workload in an out of the facility. Works with plant manager to ensure smooth flow of production into the facility. Ensures employees follow operational procedures for safety purposes. Ensures that all maintenance employees have their necessary tools and that accountability is considered when tools are miss-placed or lost. Ensures the accurate and timely preparation of reports regarding facility operations. Maintains a profitable and professional relationship with suppliers and looks for opportunity for supplier development when possible. Works to improve safety record and looks for new opportunities to maintain a safe working environment. Conducts or facilitates safety training as needed or required. Identifies and implements continual improvement initiatives to enhance the performance of the position, team, and company. Manage the computerized maintenance software with spare parts inventory.
Note: Other Duties may be required other than what is stated above. Training will be provided on an a needed basis.
Work on Electrical (480, 277, and 120 volts) depending on machine.
Monthly and quarterly work orders (preventative maintenance).
Maintain clean motors, heater elements. Repair air hoses.
Service and/or repair forklifts.
Maintain company vehicles.
Repair roof and maintain the building.
Repetitive lifting of 10-100 lbs.
Observe and follow all Quality/ Safety Procedures.
Individual must be able to work independently with minimal guidance required.
Individual must be able to work well in teams with other from diverse organizational functions and backgrounds as both a leader and individual contributor.
- Maintain and manage facility equipment, tools, building and property.
- Manage Maintenance , fabrication, waste water and janitorial staff.
- Disposal of liquid and solid waste generated at facility.
- Research and development of racking systems for Process equipment
- Equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and installation.
- Ensure efficient repair schedules and review repair cost estimates
- Ensure that all vehicles are cleaned and maintained in proper working order.
- Implement Safety policies and procedures for the department
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications and schematics.
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn different types of software.